What Are the Different Types Of Back Pain?
If you have lower back pain, then it makes daily living difficult because the discomfort in your back can radiate upward into your neck and downward into your hips. There are different types of lower back pain, including:
- Chronic pain
- Intermittent pain
- Radiating pain
- Internal pain
Lower back pain management is essential so that you can return to normal daily living patterns. Rather than focusing on one type of treatment, you may need to have several types of therapies and medications. In addition to visiting a physician or surgeon for your discomfort, you can visit a back pain chiropractor specialist who can help you to feel better. A chiropractor in Gulfport MS will understand the anatomy of your back and is able to provide an assortment of treatments to improve your condition.
What Can Cause Intermittent or Chronic Lower Back Pain?
First, it is vital to understand the different causes of back pain to plan your treatments. Here are some of the causes for pain in the back:
- Poor posture while standing, sitting or walking
- Abnormal spinal curvatures present at birth or caused by medical problems
- Muscle tension from mental anxiety
- Poor muscle tone from inactivity
- Spinal stenosis that leads to pinched nerves in the spinal column
- Sciatica caused by nerve problems in the legs and lower body
- Disk injury or deterioration from accidents and aging
- Muscle strains from too much physical activity
- Osteoporosis that causes a loss of bone tissue
- Arthritis caused by infection, aging or genetics
- Excessive weight in the abdominal region
- Internal problems such as a kidney or bladder infection
- Cancerous conditions in the lower body
It is possible to have one or more conditions that are affecting your back, and lower back pain management requires treating each problem so that you have less discomfort.
How Can a Chiropractor Help You Manage Lower Back Pain?
A chiropractor in Gulfport MS can help you with lower back pain management. A back pain chiropractor can provide an assortment of treatments so that you have additional physical mobility and less discomfort. Some of the treatments offered by chiropractors include:
- Heat therapies
- Gonstead technique
- Activator methods
- Diversified technique
- Exercise programs
- Physical therapies
- Nutritional plans
- Posture training
- Lifestyle modifications
- Massaging techniques
- Cranial techniques
- Ice or cold therapies
- Logan basic
Chiropractors can use over 200 treatment techniques to reduce your lower back pain, and many of the treatment plans have overlapping methodologies. A back pain chiropractor might use his hands or specialized tools to treat your back’s components.
How Do You Choose a Treatment Plan To Reduce Lower Back Pain?
When you visit a chiropractor in Gulfport MS, the expert will collect the information from other physicians or surgeons. He will look at X-rays and other medical images to understand what is wrong with your lower back. After a physical examination that might include watching how you walk and sit, the chiropractor will talk to you about the best treatments for your back problem.